Thursday, June 2, 2011

Paying it Forward

Zoe at Playing by the Book was kind enough to award me the Versatile Blogger Award.  Thanks, Zoe! 

The Rules of the Award are:

Thank the person who gave you the award.
Tell us seven things about yourself.
Award fifteen recently discovered bloggers.
Contact the blogs to let them know they received the award.


So, for the seven things about me:

1. I have never been to London or Paris but I have been to Rome and Moscow.

2. I once died (in a role) onstage at Madison Square Garden.

3.  My mom claims that as soon as I learned to read she taught me to play Scrabble.

4.  I eat chocolate every day.

5.  I am always early.

6.  I have danced the Ribbon Dance in a Chinese New Year show.

7.  I hate summer.  Really.
As for naming fifteen newly discovered blogs, well, fifteen is way out of my reach.  As a new blogger myself, I mostly read a lot of the well-known kidlit blogs.   But here are four that you may not know about:

Storied Cities, all about picture and early chapter books with urban settings.

Annie and Aunt, wherein Annie, a high school English teacher and Deborah, her bookseller aunt discuss books that cover the spectrum from baby board books to young adult literature.

The Book Chook, which includes not only book reviews but great ideas for working with kids and improving their reading skills.

Library Chicken, which also spans a huge range of children's literature, both in terms of targeted age groups and genres.

Do you have any favorite children's literature blogs to recommend?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Rachel! I laughed to think of you playing scrabble as a young child - but I bet it was great for your spelling!

    I would like to recommend Jen Robinson's Book Page, Becky's Books, Family Bookshelf... the list goes on, but I'll stop at 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely true about teaching you to play Scrabble when you were in kindergarten. This is because I love to play games too but not junior Scrabble or junior anything- beyond boring. I also used to start you off with 25 points but this did not last long, especially when you started to beat me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone who should knowJune 6, 2011 at 1:36 PM

    I didn't know you eat chocolate every day.

    ReplyDelete